Our school is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm for families to visit our school. Please contact our Head of Admissions, Rocío Vela, to make an appointment.
Our student cohort are 70 % Native Spanish with the remaining 30% coming from over 20 different nationalities. We have children from the UK, America, Columbia, France, Germany, Italy, Estonia, Russia, Poland, China and many more.
We know that when children eat nutritionally-rich food they have more energy and approach their studies with more enthusiasm. Our PSHE programme teaches all children about the benefits of healthy eating. This together with the work done by our catering company Aramark ensures that we give your child the best education for a healthy future.
The school day starts at 8.50am and finishes at 4pm. We also offer a breakfast club from 8am to 9am.
Yes, children have a school uniform. Parents can purchase the uniform online after trying on sizes in the school shop.
We ensure that families are fully informed about what their child is learning in school by having curriculum outline documents posted onto our school´s parent portal. You will have regular information meetings and individual family meetings with your child´s class teachers. The school also has ´open door´ sessions for parents every term. In these sessions parents can attend their children’s lessons and see the teachers in action. Every child has a termly report, issued so that parents can follow their child’s academic and pastoral progress. We also send families regular newsletters and bulletins.
Our students choose between French or German to study as a third language when they enter Year 4. We are looking to offer Chinese and Arabic as extra- curricular activities outside the daily curriculum next year (we are already offering French as an extracurricular activity to children from Reception to Year 3 classes)
We offer IGCSE and A-Level examinations from both Cambridge International and Edexcel Pearson International examination boards.
We also offer Pruebas Especifica from the Spanish Selectividad; the International Project Qualification and The Duke of Edinburgh International Award.
Yes. Qualified teachers and Teaching Assistants help support pupils in classes throughout the school
Yes, we have a group of parents called the “Friends of ISA” who meet regularly and help support the school. We also hold monthly Parents Representatives Meetings with the Headteacher where the latest school information is shared with class representatives; this is also a forum where any concerns from the parents can be raised.
Parents are welcome to visit our Headteacher, Head of Primary or our Head of Admissions at any time but we also hold specific new parent induction meetings every year and distribute ´Settling In Reports´ after the first month of new pupils entering the school
The International School of Andalucía is an inclusive school and open entry. All children are welcome to apply. Every child entering from Year 3 and above needs to complete an English and Maths test and provide the last 2 years of academic reports. The tests provide us with important information which we can use to meet your child’s individual learning needs should he be accepted.
Music is an integral part of the curriculum at The International School of Andalucía, and all students have the opportunity to enjoy participating in performance groups including choirs.
We also offer separate piano, guitar and violin lessons as an extracurricular activity.
We currently offer a range of extra curricular activities after school for our pupils. Parents are expected to pay a little extra for these clubs. Included at the moment are: Art Club, IGCSE Astronomy, IGCSE ICT, French Club, Language Clubs, Football, Table Tennis, Basketball, Hapkido, Roller Skating, Urban Dance, Robotics, Catechesis (First Holy Communion), Music classes and Multi Sports. This provision has been extended substantially for the academic year 2019-2020
In addition our international cultural learning opportunities give students the opportunity for memorable international trips that enable pupils to develop their language and communication skills, share good practice and create long-term friendships across the world all in safe and secure environments. We currently have three programmes across our ISP schools: the ISP Model United Nations, the ISP Buddy Exchange Programme and the ISP International Summer Camp. We also offer residential trips to Germany, Italy, France, Sierra Nevada, Granada, Belgium and the UK.