The International School of Andalucía´s mission is to provide quality education with personalised attention, based on our school values of Respect, Responsibility, Kindness, Fairness and Personal Best.
We aim to make a unique contribution in preparing your children to become world citizens, who are independent thinkers, effective communicators and are internationally minded.
Personal and physical development
We strive to:
- Stimulate your child´s ethical awareness, intellectual curiosity, creativity and desire to participate
- Encourage our students to be sociable citizens, honouring their obligations, the rules and the environment they find themselves in, whilst showing respect for the rights of others
- Encourage our students to be actively concerned for others, social issues, the environment and to fight against discrimination.
- Offer our students care and supervision whilst being in regular contact with their families or legal guardians
- Instill the correct use of language among our students
- Teach our students positive hygiene, eating and health habits, whilst teaching them how to cope with the challenges of the modern world.
- Our students are taught in a way that develops their capacity for work, research skills, verbal reasoning, debate, expression, communication, planning, decision making and action driven responses, to help prepare them to fully engage with society.
- We provide our students with a multi-lingual and multi-cultural education that includes lessons in English, Spanish, French and German.
- We offer a fully integrated PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) Programme throughout the school from Reception to Year 13. Pupils are taught the importance of acceptance, teamwork and sharing whilst learning to recognise their personal traits and the impact they may have on others.
- The Year 6 Buddy, Secondary Prefect systems and Student Council Representatives are designed to give children further responsibility and school wide recognition for their kindness and maturity in taking on important social roles in the school.
- Contributing to society with topical research and participation in events and activities, supports our students´ social development.